Friday, September 11, 2009

Review - Supernatural Season 5 Episode 1 Sympathy for the Devil

Starting with AC/DC's Thunderstruck as the recap music, I was psyched to see Supernatural come back, and I was not disappointed. In it's fifth season, the show has definitely found it's groove and there's no stopping it.

The final battle between good and evil is about to be waged and the Winchesters are right in the middle of it. After Castiel saves the brothers from the angels, he alludes to the fact that maybe God has returned or is doing something. He says no angel put the brothers on the plane, and somehow he came back from the dead. So if God is back, what is he waiting for? If he's not back, then who saved Sam, Dean, and Cas? All good questions which should be answered by the end of the season.

Sam is finally going to get a slight consequence for potentially ending the world. Will Dean give him the cold-shoulder for an episode or two, or the whole season? Anyways, superb acting from Jensen and Jared again.

Bobby's possession, Meg Master's return, Castiel's angel pwning. Just amazing things all in one episode. Eric Kripke is one of the best showrunners right now and continues to prove his worth. To me, the highlight of the episode was Mark Pellegrino as the man about to become Lucifer. Every scene he was in was simply amazing, and the angst shone right through.

The uber fan was fun and I liked seeing Carver Edlund again.. I was a little disturbed by the Dean/Sam slash (does that make me homophobic?), but I loved the nod to all the superfans out there.

Score: 9.5/10


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good review of a great episode! I can't wait to see how this season plays out. I'm especially curious about how they got on the plane - I highly doubt it was God. Kripke has said that he's going to make Lucifer likeable, so maybe he did it? The whole Bobby story-line is going to be a heartbreaker, I'm sure. And you're not the only one who got uncomfortable about the slash fanfic - I think that's the only point during the episode where I averted my eyes.

Unknown said...

supernatural season is very interesting. all season is fully entertaing.this my favorite show.

Related Posts with Thumbnails