Monday, September 21, 2009

Numbers of Interest - Television Ratings for Sunday 9/20/09

I was going to make this a weekly thing as evidenced by my last ratings post, but it was a little too long and it's hard to focus on one thing.

As usual, Sunday Night Football won with resounding 8.7 winning the night for NBC. Honestly the game wasn't that great though it was close in the end. The 61st Primetime Emmy Awards did better than last year's near low with 4.2.

I know you want me to give my thoughts on the Emmys, but I didn't watch the whole thing, in fact, all I watched was the very beginning. After Kristin Chenoweth's surprising win for supporting actress in a comedy, I turned off my TV. I loved her speech, and I loved Pushing Daisies, but I don't really care about the Emmys. Last night, I speculated on Twitter "I've always had a sneaking suspicion that half the Emmys is built on studios and networks paying the committee."

I got excited when I saw ABC had King Kong on, but then I remembered how long the movie was. It got around 1.1 average for the whole movie. The CW continued with sub-.5 ratings, and Fox did well with comedy repeats getting around 2.6 for the entire night.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails