Friday, September 18, 2009

Review - The Office Season 6 Episode 1 (S06E01) Gossip

I absolute loved the parkour opening. I watched it like 5 times and it is definitely in my top 5 of openings of The Office. I liked the ending with the interns, but I thought it would have been funnier to see a rehash of parkour.

The gossip allowed for everyone to get their jokes in, but the highlight was Andy asking people if he was gay. Michael trying to fix a problem always spirals out of control, resulting in horrible consequences. This week, the victim was Stanley. While his affair precipitated the chain of events, Michael had to get in on office rumors tell the truth. His attempt to solve the problem, starting more rumors, only resulted in everyone learning about Pam's pregnancy, and Michael still ends up tipping off Stanley's wife. All in a day's work at Dunder-Mifflin.

Wow, this review is really short. Comedies usually aren't too long plot wise, the majority of time is dedicated to jokes which is impossible to convey the hilarity with words, so I guess this is the right length. The last scene reminded me why everyone loves Pam and Jim so much. Is there anyone that disliked Jim putting the sonogram on the frame?

Score: 8.8/10

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails