Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Review - NCIS Season 7 Episode 2 Reunion


I'm sorry if my review for the NCIS season premiere was a little sparse, but I reviewed 6 other shows last Wednesday and after a couple of hours writing, the brain kind of turns off. So please stick around and I hope this review will be more enjoyable than the last one.

There were two profound scenes in this episode. One between Ziva and Tony, and the other between Ziva and Gibbs. Ziva and Tony quickly resolve any (I'm tentatively using this word) issues between them and after Ziva had 3 months to think over what happened, that wasn't too surprising. When she leaned in to kiss Tony on the cheek, I actually thought something would actually happen, but alas it nothing happened. I'm wondering whether Ziva had intended this to be a kiss on the lips but diverted after seeing Tony not respond. I'm not exactly sure what Tony is thinking, but I'm sure that will be revealed in following episodes. If I had to guess, I'd say they will be together by the end of the season.

Ziva also talked at length with Gibbs in his basement which was conspicuously missing a boat. Ziva wants to be back on his team, but Gibbs isn't sure he can trust her anymore. After a heartfelt explanation, Ziva is back. We learn that she in fact did have orders to kill Ari, but killed Ari to save Gibbs. Both scenes were pretty good; Cote de Pablo isn't the most talented actress out there, but she does an adequate job.

There was be a recurring issue almost guaranteed to come up again. Ziva doesn't pass her psych evaluation with flying colors. Instead, she doesn't fail, which can be translated as "Ziva has major issues to work out and will probably mess up in a later episode." What I like so much about NCIS that no character ever really outshadows  another. Even if there is more focus on one character, we still get to see the unique sides of everyone.

The crime was normal NCIS fare with the twists Basically a police officer found out that the guys he pulled over bullied him in high school. Someone else finds out and has them killed. I don't really pay that much attention to the crimes and I don't think anyone really pays attention to the crime more than the interactions between the team.

Score: 9.2/10

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails