Monday, May 10, 2010

Review - House Season 6 Episode 20 Baggage

Everything was going fine right up until the revelation that Cuddy is the root of House's problems. All I could do was roll my eyes, groan, and move on. That moment pretty much encapsulated Season 6, a wasteland of cliches and bad writing. I had been expecting the Cuddy thing to come up earlier since it was the most obvious reason for House's ailments, but to be some sort of big news at the end of the episode? Sorry but that's pathetic.

I haven't been fond of many medical stories this season and the medical mystery in "Baggage" wasn't an exception, but I did like the new presentation of House dictating while Dr. Nolan occasionally cut in with a few comments. It allowed us to look at the case from afar and enjoy the banter between Nolan and House at the same time. The exchanges between the two were much better than the attempts of Nolan to divine something from House, which were mostly silly gibberish.

I liked Alvie the first time, but he hasn't changed one bit and wore on me by the end of the episode. My favorite part of the episode was lack of the other characters. No Taub, no Chase, no Foreman, no 13 to muddle things up.

Score: 8.5/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails