Monday, May 17, 2010

Review - How I Met Your Mother Season 5 Episode 23 The Wedding Bride

We originally saw the poster for The Wedding Bride all the way back in Season 4, and nothing was made of it until now. The movie is out and Ted is made the be the biggest loser ever. "The Wedding Bride" goes through various parts of the movie and everyone's reaction. Even though the movie is terrible and overly cheesy from our perspective, everyone other than Ted in the HIMYM world loves it--even Kim Jong Il! The episode was good surrealist fun and had me laughing much more than the past few episodes did.

One thing I don't understand is how Stella could have allowed the movie to be made in the end. If she wasn't a bad person before this and I was ambivalent about her, how could she have allowed this movie to completely malign Ted and take advantage of the nice things he did. Now I hate her and I'm guessing everyone else does also.

As I was getting really, really hopeful that Judy Greer would be the Mother, it was dissipated in less than 30 seconds. She's a gambling addict and the final kicker, sharing a bed with her brother, ends it. Ted kicks her out and I'm pretty sure that's the last we'll see of Royce.

More frustration and waiting, but what can you do...

Score: 8.8/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails