Monday, May 16, 2011

Review - Treme Season 2 Episode 4 Santa Claus, Do You Ever Get The Blues?

I'm not entirely sure if this is true, but I'm pretty sure I would like Treme much more if it were the only show I watched. Since I didn't have time last week, I watched Treme on Saturday, so the show was fresh in my mind when I watched "Santa Claus, Do You Ever Get The Blues?" The result was that I really, really liked the episode. It wasn't that the episode was better than the others--I think last week's episode was better--but with the plots and characters from the previous episode still in my mind, I saw the progression much clearer than I usual would. This goes back to the point that Treme is one of those shows that is optimal to watch over the course of a weekend, instead of watching once per week.

"Santa Claus, Do You Ever Get The Blues?" has some great stuff going on, with Antoine's band taking off, Davis starting a record label, and Janette being awesome. There are quite a few intersections this week as well, Sonny joining Antoine's band and Janette meeting Delmond in a bar (there's a New Orleans bar in New York?).

Score: 9.0/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails