Friday, May 20, 2011

Review - The Office Season 7 Episode 24/25 Search Committee

Jim versus Dwight is one of those things that will get me every time. Unless Dwight is completely out of control, I'm usually laughing really hard. The scene where Dwight comes in for the interview as a burn victim was one of the funniest things I've seen since the Community season finale (OK, it's not that long ago, but you get my drift).

That's why I'm more willing to forgive the faults of "Search Committee" than I normally would. There is practically no plot, and the litany of famous guest stars serve no real purpose. Essentially, it's an hour of television where nothing much is going on and there is no progression to the plot. For a season finale, I would definitely agree that it was underwhelming. Maybe my standards have been lowered, but I was entertained by the episode and laughed quite a bit, and that's enough in my book.

Score: 8.5/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails