Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Review - The X-Files Season 2 Episode 18 Fearful Symmetry

Sorry for not having any reviews the past couple of days. The constant blogging is kind of wearing on me and I think I take a week break after I'm done with the season and the couple episodes in the beginning of the third. I think I'll still be on pace to finish by the end of summer, but I want to slow down.

Sometimes I don't understand what the writers were doing when they wrote certain episodes. The cold open, especially, puzzles me. It begins with something invisible trampling and knocking over workers before appearing in front of a truck and dying. Already, we know several undeniable facts. 1) The elephant was invisible. 2) It's not a mythology episode. Automatically, Scully's theory that the light made it hard to see the elephant (LOL!) is disqualified and Mulder's alien theory will amount to nothing. As cool as the opening scene is, the rest of the episode doesn't expand on it at all.

The plot gets swallowed by an overbearing environmental message and the episode ends with almost nothing happening. There are these flashes of light and animals outside their cages. And?...

Score: 7.0/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails