Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Review - Warehouse 13 Season 1 Episode 7 Implosion

Yes there was the same lazy writing, the plotholes, the inexplicable leaps, but all in all, this was my favorite episode. I liked the tone of the episode and I thought the pacing was much better, and almost perfect in the first half. By now, I really don't care about the artifact finding, it's the same stuff every week, so I won't be recapping the search.

The addition of James MacPherson was very intriguing, but I wish we could have learned more about him. He used to work at the Warehouse and has high-tech toys. Also, we know he's evil since his Tesla gun shoots red electricity while Pete and Myka's shoot blue.

I show the episode was going amazingly well until Artie explained what the sword did. It "cuts" light and makes people invisible. I know artifacts are supposed to be unexplained, but cutting through light because of the exact measurements of the sword. It would have been much better if the sword had been dipped in some mystical water an imbued with special powers. In fact, I would like the sword to have a completely different effect since we already can invisibility.

The main problem with episode was all the new stuff we learned about Artie. He sold secrets to the Soviets and he has another name. I knew the unraveling of Artie wouldn't be immediate, but now I have no clue what's up with Artie, his motivations, or his importance that Mrs. Frederick would go to such lengths to procure him.

Claudia was missing this reason for no good reason and it was a shame she couldn't be there for the best episode. Leena had a few scenes which are always great. I'm not sure how Myka and Pete can go back to Artie after knowing what he'd done. It seems the twist was just thrown in so they would get in deep water with the Secret Service, and it doesn't seem like the showrunners really planned anything.

Score: 9.1/10

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails