Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review - Criminal Minds Season 6 Episode 1 The Longest Night (Part 2)

Like the NCIS season premiere, I wasn't expecting much. Both season finales were mediocre and the cliffhangers not engaging enough to really interest me. Because I went in with this mindset, "The Longest Night (Part 2)" didn't disappoint me. It's a fairly low-adrenaline hunt for Billy, who takes Ellie and continues to rampage, until J.J. uses the radio and gives a generic speech to talk him down.

Perhaps the biggest thing that bothered me was that the girl had a constant smile on her face. Her dialogue indicates she's unwilling to cooperate, but the look on her face makes it seem like she likes being there. What's going on? Bad directing? Bad acting? I don't get why she didn't do what 99% of girls would do after seeing multiple people shot point blank--be scared as hell. Maybe she'll become the next Billy Flynn?

Score: 8.0/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails