Saturday, November 14, 2009

Review - White Collar Season 1 Episode 4 Flip of the Coin

Is it terrible for me to say that I'm already moderately bored of the show? I think the characters are great, but the crimes are boring. My thought is that the nature of white collar crime is boring on television (or at least to me).

I liked how there was a bit of current events thrown in with the stolen Iraqi artifacts, but overall the story was very straightforward and nothing exciting happened.

Peter's wife Elizabeth keeps showing up and has significant screen time. The writers apparently like Tiffani Thiessen so much she has to be related to every crime Peter solves. This week, she even brings a case to him, and consoles her friend Dana.

Mozzie and Peter finally got together and they hit it off immediately. It looks like the people Peter connects with the most are the criminals. I wonder what that says about him. The characters interactions are all about fun which is the only reason to watch the show. From the decreasing ratings, that isn't enough to keep people hooked, so we'll see if the writers can come up with more.

Score: 8.9/10

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails