Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Review - NCIS Season 7 Episode 8 Power Down

Is this the first time the opening credits were changed? I'm wondering because I almost squealed with delight when at the end of the credits, the lights at the capital all went out. It set up an episode entire in the dark and without power.

Gibbs the dinosaur of course knew exactly what to do. He busted out the old school copying machine, and Polaroids. It's not that Gibbs learned to work without electricity, he's just more prepared. He's Gibbs after all!

The crime solving went exceedingly slow without AFIS and other computer run system, everything had to be done by hand. That set up many great scenes with Abby, McGee, and all the other characters. Did I mention that Abby was homebrewing Caf Pow? How awesome is that?!?!?

The crime itself was above average and had a fair share of cool twists. I usually don't like to comment on the procedural elements, because the team dynamic is about 5 times more important, so I won't...

I loved it when McGee mentioned Doctor Who and the TARDIS. Tony had no clue, but why would he? He's American. I have nothing against Americans since I am one myself, but our understanding of other cultures is quite limited. Maybe we don't have to accept what others do, but at least we have to know what others do first.

Score: 9.6/10

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails