Thursday, November 26, 2009

UPDATED - Next Week in Preview (The X-Files

Ok...I guess I didn't have as much time as I expected, so the X-Files list will be pushed back to the weekend. I'm hoping to get the Buffy stuff done by the middle of next week.

Since I have lots of time the next few days, I'll finally be working on some lists that I've wanted to get to for a while.

First is my list of top X-Files episodes. I was choosing episodes earlier, and there were way too many great episodes, so I'm going to do a top 25. I know that's more than a tenth of the entire series which kind of puts a damper on the significance of the list, but I'll be doing a write-up for each episode.

As a teaser, here's one episode from each season that will be on the list: Beyond the Sea (S1), One Breath (S2), Nisei/ 731 (S3), Momento Mori (S4), The Post-Modern Prometheus (S5), How the Ghosts Stole Christmas (S6), X-Cops (S7), Trust No 1 (S9). I know these are picks usually aren't on top lists for X-Files, especially top 5 and top 10, so I hope you're enthused for my explanations.

If you noticed, I didn't included any season 8 episodes, and the season 9 episode is the only of the season. I was hesitant to add anything from the last two seasons because quite frankly, they were terrible. Trust No 1 was unique in that is was Scully-centric, and Gillian Anderson gave a brilliant performance.

The other project I'm working on is ranking the seasons of Buffy. They each have standalone stories, so it's easy to separate them from each other to compare. I know there is lots of contention over the series with all sorts of reactions to seasons 4 through 7, so if you disagree, I understand; just don't hurl insults. I'll also be adding the notable episodes for each season.

Since I had a teaser for The X-Files, here's some of my thoughts which will indicate possibly what my list will look like. I do not like season 6. There are very good individual episodes, and a different and interesting initial concept, but the overall story for the season was average — in Buffy context, bad.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails