Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Review - Parenthood Season 1 Episode 5 The Situation

I know the writers are going for realism, but they're pushing it too much. There's one large extended family and everyone has so many problems, it's inconceivable how many over-the-top things happen. But with the extreme abundance of problems also comes the easiest resolutions to all the problems. At the end of the episode, everyone is happy, and without going deeply into any one storyline because it is an ensemble cast, featuring all the characters each week, Parenthood seems very unrealistic.

I groaned at least 5 times during the episode from the sheer unbelievability of what's going on. There's like 50 ongoing plots and I don't care much for any of them. Lauren Graham is great, but that's about it. I think this will be my last review for the show.

Score: 8.3/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails