Friday, July 17, 2009

Where are the children in True Blood?

I was thinking yesterday, and realized that there haven't been any schools shown at all, but then I also realized that the only children we have seen so far are Arlene's kids. I'm guessing there are children in Bon Temps, and I know they wouldn't jive with the whole theme of the show, but I find it eery that there are kids or even teenagers anywhere.

Bon Temps seems to truly be a sick place devoid of innocence, it's citizens going crazy without any restraint. They have loud parties, have sex in the public, but are there no parents? Where is the responsibility? No one seems to have a higher education or any calling for something more than living in a backwater Louisiana as a nobody.

While True Blood is set in a postmodern world where everyone's beliefs are turned upside down, vampires out-shadowing anything a human can do, sad as it may sound, the Fellowship of the Sun seems to be the only people who have goals in their lives. We don't know the kind of students are produced, but from Sookie's intelligence, I'm guessing they teach squat.

I know children wouldn't fit into the story, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the whole concept, but I guess you have to take my speculation with a grain of salt. And I won't read the books even if they do reveal this information so I won't spoil the plot to myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Die?

Related Posts with Thumbnails