Monday, January 10, 2011

Review - Lie to Me Season 3 Episode 9 Funhouse / 10 Rebound

Without any new episodes in the pipelines (and no room on FOX's schedule), Lie to Me's third season will end with 13 episodes. While it's a possibility Lie to Me become a summer show, I don't really see it happening. If Lie to Me is not renewed, I don't think I'll be heartbroken. I find myself not caring what happens to the characters, and I'm annoyed with Lightman's senseless antics more and more.

"Funhouse" is amusing for a short while, but comes up severely short. Lightman's hallucinations don't go anywhere and, the plot resolves itself with a flat, disaffected climax. "Rebound" isn't  notable either, taking a generic setup, a creep who marries women for their money, and doing nothing with it. The guy is fingered from the beginning, interrogated halfway through the episode to confirm guilt, and caught at the end of the episode for a slam-dunk conviction with help of the jilted women.

Score: 8.1/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails