Monday, May 17, 2010

Review - Treme Season 1 Episode 6 Shallow Water, Oh Mama

Another busy Monday, so I'll have to keep things short.

I'm still looking for a story to tie everything together, but given that David Simon isn't pushing for a story, I won't harp on that too much. If a showrunner has good intentions that go contrary to my personal tastes, I'll give him/her a pass. (In writing him/her, I just realized how scare female showrunners are. Shonda Rhimes, Tina Fey...anyone else?)

Janette has been struggling the entire season and she's probably been my favorite character thus far. She has a wonderful determination in everything she does, but also has the tiniest thread of insecurity due to the mounting conditions against her. Six episodes in and this was the last straw. After working everyone hard and considering a pay suspension, she just had to close down. I'm sure she'll do everything to come back, but is it possible even if everything went as planned?

Score: 8.8/10
Related Posts with Thumbnails